The following citations represent a sample of the peer-reviewed works published by the department’s faculty. For the full list of the department’s publications and presentations, visit the SelectedWorks site.
- Jekyll Island Beach Water Quality Study Technical report written by Georgia Southern faculty member, Prof. Jeffery Jones.
- Ethical Approaches to Mandating Influenza Vaccinations for Local Health Department Workforce in Georgia Background: The seasonal influenza illness occurs every year in the United States during the cooler months from October to April, sometimes lasting longer. Although certain populations are more suscep …
- The Ethics of Parental Refusal to Vaccinate: Costs, Community Safety, and Individual Rights Background: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), vaccination has reduced the burden of infectious diseases to a significant extent. In recent times, however, the focus has been more on va …
- Disease Intervention Specialist Education for the Future A report to the Public Health Accreditation Board
- Feasibility of Long Acting Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) in Rural Communities Published as part of the "Eagles Talking About the Public’s Health" Commentaries. Link: https://jphcoph.georgiasouthern.edu/opr/etaph/
- The Sickle Cell Disease Implementation Consortium: Translating Evidence‐based Guidelines Into Practice for Sickle Cell Disease
- Evaluating Web-Based Platforms and Traditional Methods for Recruiting Tattoo Artists: Descriptive Survey Research Study Background: Almost one-third of US adults (29%) have a tattoo, and almost half (47%) of millennials reported having a tattoo. With more people getting tattoos, there is an increased risk of infectious …
Last updated: 7/1/2019