Non-degree Masters Admission
An applicant may be admitted as a Non-Degree (Master’s) student to earn credit hours in master’s level Public Health courses without working towards a degree or certificate program. Applying to a graduate degree or certificate program is a separate process and different criteria must be met.
Applications for the Non-Degree program are accepted for Fall, Spring, and Summer admission. Applications and ALL supporting documents must be in SOPHAS Express no later than the JPHCOPH Application Deadline to be considered for admission. (Note: If ALL supporting documents are not in SOPHAS Express by the deadline date, your application will be marked as incomplete and will not be considered for admission.)
Please allow enough time for processing when submitting an application and supporting documents. The entire admissions application process can take up to six (6) weeks. (Note: Processing times vary throughout the cycle, therefore this timeline may not apply to every applicant’s situation.)
- SOPHAS Express Timeline – To ensure your application is mailed (sent) to JPHCOPH on time, your application and all supporting documents must be submitted in SOPHAS Express no later than the JPHCOPH application deadline date.
- Georgia Southern University Timeline – The JPHCOPH does not review an application until every official document has been received and verified by SOPHAS Express. It can take up to six (6) weeks for a completed application to be processed.
For technical support questions such as how to submit supporting documents, please visit the SOPHAS Express Applicant Help Center page.
- Application – Completion of an application in Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS Express).
- Degree – Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Transcripts – Official transcript(s) from each college or university previously attended. A transcript is required even if the courses from one school appear on the transcript of another school.*
- All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). Visit http://www.wes.org/ to view which documents are required for your country and to request an International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) Course-by-Course Report.*
- Upload transcript(s) from all institutions attended. (Do NOT send transcripts to SOPHAS Express)*
- Grade Point Average (GPA) – Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0 scale in either:
- Upper division undergraduate courses; OR
- Upper division graduate courses.
- Statement of Purpose – A Statement of Purpose (500-1,000 words) that conveys the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study in public health and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
*NOTE: Unofficial documents must be uploaded for review purposes. Official transcripts are only required if you are offered admission. Following notification of admission, official transcripts mailed in sealed envelopes directly from each university attended (or directly from WES) are required prior to the first day of classes of the original semester of acceptance. Failure to provide the official transcripts following notification of admission will result in revocation of the admission offer. Official documents must be mailed to: Georgia Southern University, Office of Graduate Admissions, P.O. Box 8113, Statesboro, GA 30460-8113.
Last updated: 1/20/2019