MPH Health Policy & Management
Mission and Overview
The mission of the Master of Public Health (MPH) degree – Health Policy and Management program concentration is to prepare competent administrators who can provide leadership in the development of policy and in the management of public health organizations and programs.
All Georgia Southern University Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health students who select to study the MPH – Health Policy and Management degree program will complete a minimum of 45 credits. Students pursuing this degree will take Public Health Core Courses (18 credits), Program Concentration Courses (21 credits), and a Practicum experience (3 credits)/Capstone Research Project (3 credits) where they will apply, in practical fashion, the skills learned throughout their program. Students will also be required to present the findings of their research project as the culminating MPH experience. Upon completion of the MPH – Health Policy and Management students will be trained to function effectively in the development of public health policy and the management of the delivery of public health services.
JPHCOPH Graduate Advisor
Coordinator, Office of Student Services
Phone: (912) 478-2674
By appointment only
Health Policy & Management Competencies
At the completion of the MPH degree program all Health Policy & Management students will be able to:
Health Policy & Management Concentration
- Evaluate a health policy and its implications for different populations, healthcare and public health systems.
- Describe the legal and ethical dilemmas in public health systems.
- Apply principles of healthcare financing, reimbursement methodologies, and budgeting to public or private health settings.
- Explain the principles of informatics, data management, and using data to inform public health policy and programming
- Demonstrate applications of theoretical foundations of leadership principles and styles.
Course requirements and course descriptions can be found in the Georgia Southern University Graduate Catalog.
Health Policy and Management Concentration Documents
|2-Year Plan of Study (Fall Admission 2019)|
|2-Year Plan of Study (previous academic years)|
Last updated: 3/28/2019