About the College
Welcome from the Dean
Welcome to the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health. We thank you for your interest in the College.
The College offers the Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH), the Master of Public Health (MPH), and the Doctor of Public Health (DrPH). Students pursuing the MPH can concentrate in biostatistics, community health, environmental health, epidemiology, health policy and management, as well as a generalist concentration. Students pursuing the DrPH can concentrate in biostatistics, community health behavior and education, epidemiology, and public health leadership. The college is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Serving Students and the Community
JPHCOPH is committed to providing students with the best learning environment possible and to the dissemination of applied research that advances the science and practice of public health.
The mission of the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health (JPHCOPH) is to improve health, eliminate health disparities and health inequities of rural communities and underserved populations globally through excellence in teaching, public health workforce development, research, scholarship, professional service and community engagement.
To accomplish this mission, we seek to maintain the following:
- Excellence in research, service and instruction.
- Passion for improving the health of rural communities and underserved populations.
- Responsibility for promoting health equity and eliminating health disparities in rural communities and underserved populations.
- Commitment to community involvement.
- Collaboration for problem solving.
- Commitment to developing as a “learning organization.”
We invite you to become a member of our College community. If you have questions after you review this website, please contact us personally. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Last updated: 5/18/2019