Certificate in Public Health Admission Requirements
Students who wish to obtain the Certificate in Public Health need not be enrolled in the M.P.H. program but must still apply and be admitted to the certificate program. Admission as Non-Degree Certificate does not guarantee subsequent admission to a graduate degree program. Applying to a graduate degree program is a separate process and different criteria must be met.
Applications for the Certificate in Public Health are accepted for Fall, Spring, and Summer admission. Please view the JPHCOPH Application Deadlines page.
Applicants seeking admission to the Certificate in Public Health must have:
- Completed an application in SOPHAS Express
- Official transcript(s) from a regionally accredited college or university showing courses completed, grades earned, dates, and degree(s) awarded
- Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in a college accredited by the proper regional accrediting associations with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average or higher
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international applicants
- Three letters of reference
- Statement of Purpose (500 – 1000 words) that conveys the applicant’s reasons for pursuing study in public health and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations
Last updated: 7/22/2016