Bachelor of Science in Public Health
Are you passionate about promoting health, preventing disease, and eliminating health disparities in high-need areas?
The Bachelor of Science in Public Health is a four-year, hands-on degree that prepares you to conduct health-related programs with communities at home and abroad. View our curriculum here.
In our practical, student-centered public health program, you’ll learn how to:
- Identify and assess public health problems, and develop education programs based on sound health practices
- Design, implement and evaluate public health educational programs for at-risk populations and communities
- Analyze evidence-based and innovative best practices of healthy behaviors for appropriate audiences
- Demonstrate effective communication and advocacy skills for populations
- Apply basic methods of research, data collection and analysis to identify health trends and public health problems
Ready to move forward?
Learn more »
Health Education and Promotion Major
Health education and promotion is an integral part of our Bachelor of Science in Public Health. Our graduates possess professional expertise in the areas of:
- Program planning
- Implementation and evaluation of disease prevention
- Health promotion activities
The Bachelor of Science in Public Health also provides the foundation to advance in graduate degree programs such as:
- Master of Public Health
- Master in Health Services Administration
- Physician Assistant Programs
- And Other Allied Health areas
Undergraduate students can also pursue these programs:
Last updated: 6/3/2017