Current Undergraduate Students
|Academic Course Override Form|
|BSPH Undergraduate Manual|
|BSPH Internship Forms|
|BSPH Site Supervisor Handbook|
|BSPH HEP Program of Study|
|Student Conduct Code|
|BSPH Travel Grant|
JPHCOPH Undergraduate Advisor
Hendricks Hall, Room 1016
Phone: (912) 478-2674
To make an advising appointment, send an email to email@example.com
Change of Major
- Log on to your MyGeorgiaSouthern account
- In the middle section, click on the “Change Your Major and/or Minor” link to submit a change of major request
- Follow the directions to complete the changes you would like to make
- It is your responsibility to contact your NEW advisor or your NEW advisement center to schedule an advising appointment to discuss your new major’s course requirements.
|Academic Standing Policy|
|Academic Success Center|
|Graduation Clearance Information|
AcademyHealth was established in June 2000 quickly becoming the preeminent professional society for health services researchers and health policy analysts. In 2012, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health became one of only 32 colleges and universities in the United States to establish an AcademyHealth student chapter. The purpose of the AcademyHealth student chapter is to acquaint students with the fields of health services research and health policy and facilitate learning opportunities through interaction with health services and policy researchers and practitioners. The aim of the chapter is to connect students with national and regional resources in order to keep them abreast of the latest developments, research, methodologies, and opportunities in the field. AcademyHealth student chapter membership is open to all students at Georgia Southern University who have an interest in health services researcher and health policy.
Eta Sigma Gamma
Eta Sigma Gamma, National Health Science honorary was founded on August 14, 1967 on the campus of Ball State University, Muncie, IN. Three professors in the department of Physiology and Health Science: Dr. Warren Schaller, Dr. Robert Synovitz and Dr. William Bock had the vision of a national honorary for the profession of health education.
The mission of Eta Sigma Gamma to elevate the highest standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally trained men and women in, and for, the health education discipline through teaching/education, service and research. It is this combination of these activities that will provide the honorary the opportunity to best serve its members (students and practitioners) and the profession with excellence.
The goals of the honorary include:
- Supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of health education programs and resources
- Stimulating and disseminating scientific research
- Motivating and providing health education services
- Recognizing academic achievement
- Supporting health education advocacy initiatives
- Promoting professional standards and ethics
- Promoting networking activities among health educators and related professionals
Admission is open to both undergraduate and graduate students in the major of health education & promotion, community health, earning a minimum 3.0 GPA. Follow the links to the Eta Sigma Gamma Application and Pledge Test.
Public Health Student Association
The Public Health Student Association (PHSA) received recognition as an “official student organization” from the Dean of Students at Georgia Southern University in 2007. The purpose of the PHSA is to: (a) promote public health interests among students at Georgia Southern University (b) To build and sustain a strong network of graduates of the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, (c) To foster strong student-faculty relationships for promoting academics, and (d) To engage with the surrounding community through volunteering and provision of services. The PHSA is open to all students at Georgia Southern University who have an interest in the field of public health. Meetings are held monthly.
Last updated: 8/7/2017