Georgia Southern Alumni as ASPPH/CDC Allan Rosenfield Fellow

JSIn a few short days, Ms. Jessica Sexton, JPHCOPH MPH Epidemiology alumni, will be embarking on what will be an experience of a lifetime. As an ASPPH/CDC Allan Rosenfield fellow, she will be working though the Center for Global Health (CGH) in the Division of Global HIV/AIDS (DGHA) to continue the implementation of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). Her post is the Lilongwe, Malawi CDC office, which is heavily involved with multiple projects and coordinated program efforts with USAID as well as the Global Health Corps. She was one of over 2000 applicants for 1 of 32 fellowship opportunities across 13 countries.

Ms. Jessica Sexton writes, “I am beyond excited and humbled to be joining the efforts of international public health professionals as an ASPPH/CDC Allan Rosenfield Global Health fellow. It is an honor and privilege to join the brilliant minds of the CDC to address the HIV/AIDS crisis on a first-hand basis. It is my hope that this outstanding opportunity will allow me to develop the skills I have acquired as an MPH student and use epidemiological methods to continue Dr. Allan Rosenfield’s vision and mission to address the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Malawi. We have such a wonderful program at JPHCOPH, I really hope to see more students join me in the future.”

Share:

Posted in Alumni, Epidemiology, JPHCOPH, JPHCOPH