Ms. Alisha Ghosh, a Master of Healthcare Administration student at the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health Georgia Southern University has been awarded the AHA Summit Leadership Scholarship by Institute of Diversity (IFD) and The American Hospital Association (AHA). She and 9 other MHA students interning from across the nation will have the opportunity to attend The AHA Annual Leadership Summit from July 19-22 in San Diego, CA. At the summit, interns will experience:
- Private, pre-conference dinner reception with Institute president and CEO, Fred Hobby and other guests such as the AHA president.
- Attend the Institute for Diversity board meeting and be recognized for their achievements.
- Attend the 2014 Asian Health Care Leaders Association (AHCLA) National Conference on July 19th in San Diego. The afternoon session will be Preventing and Reducing Readmissions, presented by Josh D. Luke, President, and The Readmission Prevention Group.
- Network with over 5,000 US hospital presidents and CEOs!
- Attend AHA Leadership Summit Keynote Sessions by Robert M. Gates, Secretary of Defense (2006-2011), Malcolm Gladwell, best-selling author and staff writer for The New Yorker and Peyton Manning, Super Bowl-Winning quarterback and five-time NFL MVP.
- Attend the closing night Gala Reception on board the deck of the USS Midway!
- Exploration of San Diego culture and restaurants!
- Sponsorship includes airline travel, hotel housing and registration for the conference. (Approximately, a $2,000 value.)
Interns were selected by the IFD and AHA staff based upon academic excellence, leadership potential, professionalism, and a letter of recommendation from their Intern preceptors.